Thursday, November 1, 2012

Unexpected Visitors

Where we live, the only time you see a famous person is when you flip on your tv or pop a movie into your dvd player.  We've always been ok with that because quite frankly, we don't know what it's like to meet a television star face to face.  Well this week, all that changed.  I got a phone call Tuesday from a someone pretty close to me.  She told me that she had some important people with her & wondered if they could drop by when I got home from work.

I normally get off work at 5:00 and I knew I had to run by Wal-Mart (my home away from home it seems) so I probably wouldn't be home till about 5:30.  Then I had to be at Bible Study by 6:00.  I was going to be racing the clock, but sure, why not fit something into my schedule between 5:30 and 6:00.  Isn't that what you do this time of year?  Run, Run, Run!

Not two minutes after I got home from Wal-Mart, a vehicle pulls into our driveway.  I'm rushing to get my groceries in and somewhat put away before my visitors step inside.  As I was frantically stashing groceries in the pantry, my door bell rings.  I quickly go to open the door and to my SHOCK, I see some very familiar faces.  The kind of faces I've only seen on tv, not the kind of faces that walk up to my door and ring the doorbell!  I ran for my camera and said, "Can I take your picture?"  They willingly agreed!

 Now, I would like to introduce to all of you,

Strawberry Shortcake, Plum Pudding, Blueberry Muffin, 
Huckleberry Pie & Orange Blossom
Poor Orange Blossom was NOT in the mood for picture taking!
 We had a few other visitors throughout the week too!

Spider Man
We were sad that J couldn't make it.  Maybe next year!

Smokey the Bear & Mr. Park Ranger

 Goldilocks, Papa Bear & Baby Bear
One more girl in the family Jen & you'd have the whole crew!
It was a fun & exciting week!  I have four creative sister-in-laws & and 11 adorable nieces and nephews!  J, I will spare you from being called adorable J Ryan & I love you ALL!

5 comments:

  1. I have to agree, we have cute nieces and nephews. Soon we'll be stopping by your places with a kid wanting candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will hold you to that!! I don't just live right down the road!!

      Aunt Jen

      Delete
  2. Cute costumes! You really had me going, Jamy...I was racking my brain trying to think what famous people from TV would come to your house??? Haha! I am very gullible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the costumes are so adorable! Makes me feel good you consider my kids famous...haha :)

    And yes, we'll be so excited to welcome 6-month-old Baby Steffen to our house next Halloween! Maybe we'll buy some diapers instead of candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun post, and who knows Tess may still have red hair when baby Steffen arrives next spring!!

    Geez Sarah, diapers, you are setting the bar high...

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete